Monday, February 22, 2010

My Flat

Here is a quick blog about my flat. I live in a student village that has apartment style accommodations. There are about 120 of these apartments and each one has an entrance from the outside. It's not like the dorm style accommodations that I am used to. I have my own room, which is the first time that I have a single. I love having a single! There are three other people living here and their names are Scott, Mark, and Amelia. They are all from Australia. I believe I already told you about Amelia. Mark and Scott are both 21. Mark is more of a surfer dude and Scott is into video games and movies. Scott bought a huge flat screen tv so I am extremely happy about that. We all get along and they are soooo nice! I definitely lucked out with my flatmates.

My flat has a common room, kitchen, and two bathrooms. It also has a patio, which goes into the courtyard. Here are some pictures:

This is the common room where I spend all my time studying...or watching some tv:


This is the door to the patio from the common room:


Here is where I cook all my Martha Stewart meals...or more like where I make my gourmet peanut butter and jelly sandwiches:


This is where I eat my gourmet meals:


Here is the beautiful view from my bedroom:


And unfortunately I don't have a picture of my room. My camera just so happened to stop working at that instant. But maybe when it is clean, my camera will start working again :)

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Thanks so much for the tour! I love it! How lucky are you? Funny how your camera won't take photos of chaos.

    Love, Fayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun blog. The pictures are great. I can only imagine what your room really looks like.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...did you realize that I started out my birthday today with this blog? What a great present! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great living arrangement. I'll bet you are missing the snow storm we had here yesterday! Try to get through it! Enjoy!
    Love,
    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the pictures. It looks really nice and I am glad that you like your roommates! -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am behind reading your blog - we lost power in the last snow storm - the joys of the Northeast! The apartment looks very nice and I am sure room was perfectly clean! Love, Aunt Barbara

    ReplyDelete